Today I am going to teach you how to make nkate cake in Ghana.
Nkate cake also known as groundnut cake is a popular snack in Ghana which can be taken alone or combined with a soft drink.
It is mainly prepared with groundnut or peanuts. It comes with a great taste and and rich in nutrients.
Stay with me as I take you through this easy Nkate cake recipe.
Special equipment needed needed
- Rolling pin
- Kitchen knife
To make a perfect nkate cake, you need the following ingredients.
- 1 cup roasted groundnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Prepare the cake over low heat to prevent it from burning.
- Do not wait for the nkate cake to completely cook before cutting.
Steps to make groundnut cake
- Peel and partially crush peanut/groundnut.
- Pour oil in a saucepan under medium heat and add sugar.
- Gently stir until the sugar melts, thickens and turns brown.
- Pour in the groundnuts and stir until well combined.
- Grease a flat surface with little oil then pour peanut brittle on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll brittle into flat, rectangular shape.
- Cut into desired pieces and store in an air tight container.
Other recipes to try
More recipes @ MyRecipeJoint.com