Pito is a popular drink in Ghana served during funerals and other gatherings.
It is made mainly from fermented guinea corn. In this post, I am going to show you how pito is made in simple and easy steps.
Health benefits of Pito
It contains essential minerals such as Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium and Iron which are very important minerals for body and tissue regulation as well as bone development.
Delicious Pito Recipe
- Guinea corn
- Take guinea corn to the mill to be grounded into powder.
- In a large pan soak the powdered guinea corn in water and stir thoroughly.
- Once the mash settles, the water on top of the mash is removed.
- The remaining mash is boiled.
- After boiling, pour the mixture into a container and leave for 24 hours to ferment.
- Once fermentation is complete, boil the mixture again.
- Strain mixture to separate the liquid from the mash.
- Remove the sediment from the initial pito batch and dry
- Serve pito into calabash or in a glass over ice.
Other recipes to try