ASAANA (CARAMELIZED CORN DRINK) RECIPE
Asaana has an amazing taste when milk is added. Just follow this simple steps to make your homemade Asaana.
- 2 cups Fermented corn
- 4 cups Sugar
- 1 tin milk optional
- Crushed corn then soak in water for 3 days. This helps with the fermentation of corn.( You need to ferment corn)
- Pour fermented corn into a large saucepan,add enough water and boil for about 30-40 min.(When the form on top disappears, corn is ready to be used for drink)
- Under medium heat, add sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir continuously for 5-10 mins until it turns dark brown and make sugar syrup.
- Using a sieve, strain the water from the boiled corn.
- Add the strained water to sugar syrup and stir
- If a chaff develops, strain the chaff with a clean cloth and store in a fridge.
- Pour your corn drink into glass and serve with ice cubes or milk.
Asaana also known as aliha is a Ghanaian drink made from fermented corn.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
One thought on “How to prepare asaana. ceramelized corn drink”
Your Comment…So great!