Do you need a chilled drink to release some stress? Try Lamugine. As we always do, in this article we are going to give you a complete guide on how to prepare this favourite drink.
What is Lamugine drink?
Lamougine is a local drink that is mainly prepared with ginger and rice. Some people prefer to call it ginger drink, lamugin, lamougine or lamugine.
It can be served during occasions or enjoyed at home with the family.
Lamugine is only popular in the Northern part of Ghana although in recent times, it is becoming a choice of drink in the Southern part as well.
Summary of post
- How to prepare Lamugine (Lamugine recipe)
- Ingredients needed for Lamugine drink
- And a lot more.
Spare me 20 minutes of your time as I take you through the steps. Thank you.
Ingredients for Lamugine preparation.
- Uncooked Rice or millet
- Cloves (pepre)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Vanilla essence (optional)
Steps to prepare Lamugine.
- Rinse and soak rice in water overnight to soften it.
- Drain the water and pour the rice into a blender.
- Wash the ginger, pepre and add to the rice in the blender
- Add a reasonable amount of water
- Blend until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Sift the mixture
- Add sugar and stir
- Pour mixture into a jug or receiver and refrigerate it
- Add ice cubes
- Serve it cold.
Note: you can use millet instead of rice.
Health benefits of Lamugin.
Now let us have a look at some of the health benefits of this drink.
- Ginger can help treat indigestion
- Ginger can prevent nausea
- Ginger can treat nausea
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory effects
I hope you enjoyed it. Kindly join our WhatsApp Group for more updates.
Thank us by sharing this to friends and family.