Jollof rice in Ghana happens to be one of the most popular foods. There are several recipes out there on how to prepare jollof rice.
In this guide, I am going to show:
- the perfect ingredients needed for Ghana Jollof.
- how to prepare jollof rice with ease (full recipe)
This Cinnamon Spiced Jollof Rice recipe is a delicious Meal made in West African and many other countries.
Health Benefits of Jollof rice.
- It reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease
- It has the ability to kill prostate cancer cells
- It fights inflammation
- It helps lose weight and burn fat
- It protects the heart
- It lowers high blood pressure
Tips for jollof rice preparation.
- If you need your rice to be spicier, add in some scotch bonnet.
- Add peas or sweetcorn to rice if preferred also choose veggies of preference.
- You can substitute vegetable stock with chicken stock
Delicious Jollof Rice Recipe
The buzz around jollof rice in Ghana and Nigerian Jollof has actually necessitated this Ghana Jollof recipe. If you want a perfect Jollof rice to enjoy, try Ghana Jollof.
- 2 large sliced spring onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 4 teaspoons tomato purée
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- corned beef (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 600 grams basmati rice rinsed and drained
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4.6 cups vegetable stock
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- black pepper
- In a cooking pot, pour in oil under medium heat.
- Add vegetable stock, tomato purée, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and black pepper when oil heats and stir well to combine.
- Allow it to cook for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add in rice, carrot, pepper and spring onions into the cooking pot.
- Bring to a boil under medium heat for about 20 minutes then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add sausage and gizzard.
- Cook for about 15 minutes more until the rice grains are cooked through.
- Serve warm with salad
Other recipes to try. How to prepare fried rice in Ghana How to prepare waakye How to prepare goat light soup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
2 thoughts on “How to cook ghana jollof”
done i will follow you
Ghana is the best when it comes to jollof rice.