Jollof rice in Ghana happens to be one of the most popular foods. There are several recipes out there on how to prepare jollof rice.
In this guide, I am going to show:
- the perfect ingredients needed for Ghana Jollof.
- how to prepare jollof rice with ease (full recipe)
This Cinnamon Spiced Jollof Rice recipe is a delicious Meal made in West African and many other countries.
Health Benefits of Jollof rice.
- It reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease
- It has the ability to kill prostate cancer cells
- It fights inflammation
- It helps lose weight and burn fat
- It protects the heart
- It lowers high blood pressure
Tips for jollof rice preparation.
- If you need your rice to be spicier, add in some scotch bonnet.
- Add peas or sweetcorn to rice if preferred also choose veggies of preference.
- You can substitute vegetable stock with chicken stock
Delicious Jollof Rice Recipe
- 2 large sliced spring onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 4 teaspoons tomato purée
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- corned beef (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 600 grams basmati rice rinsed and drained
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4.6 cups vegetable stock
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- black pepper
- In a cooking pot, pour in oil under medium heat.
- Add vegetable stock, tomato purée, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and black pepper when oil heats and stir well to combine.
- Allow it to cook for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add in rice, carrot, pepper and spring onions into the cooking pot.
- Bring to a boil under medium heat for about 20 minutes then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add sausage and gizzard.
- Cook for about 15 minutes more until the rice grains are cooked through.
- Serve warm with salad