Hausa koko in Ghana also known as millet porridge is a popular Ghanaian breakfast delicacy often taken with ‘bofrot’ or bread.
If you want to learn how to prepare this awesome breakfast with ease, then wait, don’t go anywhere yet. Just read this recipe to the end.
In this tutorial, I am going to give you a:
- List of ingredients to prepare Hausa koko
- Step by step guide to prepare hausa koko
NB: you can use a Hausa Koko flour to prepare the koko.
Steps to prepare Hausa Koko.
NB: Soak the millet in water overnight to soften it
Delicious Hausa Koko
- wooden spatula
- Millet soaked overnight
- Ground dried pepper
- 1 tin Milk
- Wash off the water used to soak the millet.
- Soak the cloves in water for about 10 minutes
- Wash and clean ginger and add to the millet
- Add the cloves to the millet too and pour the mixture into a blender.
- Add a small pinch of salt
- Blend till you obtain a smooth consistency. You can take the mixture to the mill for blending alternatively.
- Strain in a fine strainer.
- Blend the chaff and strain again.
- Heat water in a saucepan or cooking pot under medium heat.
- Set some of the boiled water aside.
- Pour the desired about of the blended content into the boiling water and stir till the colour changes to dark brown.
- You can add some of the water you set aside to dilute it if it’s thick
- Keep adding some of the blended mixture and stir together with the wooden spatula.
- Allow it to boil for few minutes and put the fire off.
- Add milk and sugar to taste
- Your Hausa Koko is ready for consumption.