Ice Kenkey is a common dessert made with fermented or steamed corn, served with hot bread and roasted peanuts.
An afternoon with a chilled ice kenkey and tea bread is the way to go. Have you taken ice kenkey before? If yes, do you know how to make ice kenkey?
I am going to show you exactly how ice kenkey is made in Ghana. its simple and easy steps.
Ice kenkey is a popular Ghanaian dessert often taken as launch. It is usually served with bread or biscuits.
It can also be called ice kenkey smoothie. If you want to start an ice kenkey business, this guide will be useful as well.
Summary of post:
- Ingredients needed to prepare ice kenkey
- Step by step guide to making ice kenkey in Ghana (ice kenkey recipe)
- And a lot more.
Are you ready? Let’s get started.
- Bottle (optional)
Ingredients to prepare ice kenkey.
- 1 ball of Fante or Ga Kenkey. Fante Kenkey has a black husk whiles Ga kenkey has a yellowish-brown husk. Note the difference.
- Yoghurt or any ice cream
- Ice cubes
- Margarine (optional)
- Peanuts or groundnuts (optional)
- One tin of milk
- Bread (tea or sugar bread)
Steps to make ice kenkey.
Follow the instructions listed below to make for yourself a delicious ice kenkey in Ghana.
- Take the kenkey out of its husks and place it inside a blender.
- Add about 5 teaspoons of milk, reasonable amount of water and sugar
- Cover the blender with its lid and blend until you obtain a smooth consistency.
- Pour the blended content into a bottle or bowl.
- Put some ice cubes into the mixture to chill it.
- You can equally refrigerate it until it gets chilled.
- Pour the remaining milk and stir.
- Serve with roasted groundnuts or peanuts and break.
- The ice kenkey is ready for consumption. Enjoy it.