This recipe is going to teach you how to make light soup the Ghanaian way. Light soup is very easy to cook and it nicely pairs with fufu.
If you have cold or flu, just grab a bowl of hot light soup, sip gently and have some rest.
Ingredients needed for light soup
Below are the ingredients required to prepare light soup. Note that some of them are optional. It all depends on your preference.
It can be served with fufu, plain rice, omo tuo (rice balls) amongst others.
Light Soup Recipe.
- 4 pieces tomato
- tomato paste
- pepper powder
- spices (garlic, ginger, seasoning)
- garden eggs
- dry fish
- cow meat
- Wash and clean your fish and meat thoroughly in a bowl of water. Remove bones if any
- Wash pepper garlic, onion and ginger and blend together.
- Season with garlic, ginger, pepper and onion mixture. Add a moderate amount of salt to taste.
- Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Steam under medium heat for about 8 minutes. Take out the fish from the stock to prevent it from dissolving.
- Peel and wash onions, tomatoes and peppers. Add to the stock and add fill 2/3 of the cooking pot or saucepan with water.
- Boil under medium heat until the vegetables (onion, pepper and tomatoes) are soft.
- Remove the vegetables, blend until smooth and pout it back into the saucepan.
- Add a desirable amount of water.
- Add the fish and little amount of salt to taste. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Your light soup is ready