My Diaspora Kitchen
- Ripe plantains
- Peel the ripe plantains and cut them into chunks.
- In a large pot, add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the plantain chunks to the boiling water and cook until they are soft.
- Remove the plantains from the pot and place them in a bowl.
- Mash the plantains until they are smooth.
- Add salt to taste and continue mashing until well combined.
- Shape the mashed plantains into small balls or serve as is.
- Plantain fufu is now ready to be served with your favorite soup or sauce.