Roasted Autumn Frost Squash with Sage Butter
Indulge in the flavors of the season with our Roasted Autumn Frost Squash with Sage Butter recipe. This dish takes the hearty, nutty flavors of Autumn Frost Squash and elevates them with a luxurious sage-infused butter drizzle. Roasting the squash brings out its natural sweetness, creating a delightful contrast with the crispy sage and golden butter.
A hint of garlic and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese further enhance the dish’s depth and richness. Perfect as a side dish for your fall dinners or as a wholesome main for vegetarian meals, this recipe is a celebration of autumn on a plate. Simple, yet undeniably gourmet, it’s a testament to the culinary magic that occurs when fresh seasonal produce meets aromatic herbs.
- 1 medium-sized Autumn Frost Squash, halved and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Brush the cut side of the squash with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the squash in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- While the squash is roasting, melt butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and cook until the butter is golden and the sage is crispy.
- Remove the squash from the oven and drizzle with the sage butter. Top with crispy sage leaves.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve hot.