Native Jollof Rice – Iwuk Edesi/Palm Oil Rice
Eat Well Abi
- Palm oil
- Fresh tomatoes
- Red bell pepper
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Smoked fish
- Locust beans (optional)
- Seasoning cubes
- Long-grain parboiled rice
- Heat palm oil in a pot and add sliced onions. Fry until the onions are translucent.
- Add blended tomatoes, red bell pepper, and scotch bonnet pepper to the pot. Cook until the mixture thickens and the oil separates.
- Add smoked fish, stockfish, crayfish, locust beans (if using), seasoning cubes, and salt. Stir well.
- Add parboiled rice to the pot and stir until well coated with the tomato mixture.
- Add water, cover the pot, and simmer on low heat until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Once cooked, fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.