Welcome to My Recipe Joint. Today I am going to give you a step by step guide on how to prepare Egg Sauce and boiled yam.
Aside boiled yam, egg sauce can be served with plain rice, jollof rice, fried rice and other main course meals.
Have you read the previous recipe on how to make vegetable stew?
Quick and easy way to prepare egg sauce.
You will need few ingredients to prepare this dish. This meal can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Checkout the recipe and try it.
Delicious Egg Sauce & Yam Recipe
Don’t know what to prepare for lunch or dinner? Use this recipe to prepare yam and egg sauce or stew and thank me later. It is a quick and easy recipe.
Ingredients for Egg Sauce
- Fresh tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Vegetable Oil
- Green Bell Pepper
Ingredients for Ampesi
Steps to prepare egg sauce
- Wash all vegetables.
- Chop the onions and the tomatoes.
- Mince the garlic and ginger.
- Put all in a blender, add the pepper and blend.
- Heat oil in a saucepan,add chopped onions and sauté.
- Add the tomato paste,stir and cover for about 3 minutes.
- Add the blended mixture and stir.
- Stir continuously, let it cook for about 15 minutes. Stir every 2 minutes.
- While waiting for the sauce to get ready, lets prepare the yam.
- Peel and cut yam into desirable sizes and shape.
- Wash it thoroughly.
- Put water in a pan and add the yam.
- Add salt and allow to cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Check on the sauce.
- Add salt to taste. Add the spices(curry powder,stock cube and any preferred spice) and stir.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk it well.
- When you see oil forming on the sauce,add the eggs and cover for about a minute.
- Open and stir, add the green bell pepper and stir
- You can add any meat to it.(optional)
- Let it simmer for about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve with boiled yam.
Steps to prepare boiled yam
- Peel and cut yam into pieces
- Wash thoroughly with water
- Boil yam until well cooked
Share this recipe with family and friends. Thanks for visiting us. I hope you can prepare egg sauce with ease now.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!