Tuo Zaafi, also known as diehuo, is a popular local Ghanaian dish commonly consumed in the Northern parts of Ghana.
In this guide, I am going to show you
- The ingredients to prepare tuo zaafi
- Ayoyo stew ingredients
- How to prepare tuo zaafi
- And many more.
Follow the steps to get your Tuo Zaafi prepared. Kindly leave any questions in the comment box below.
Other recipes to try.
How to prepare Omo tuo
Delicious Tuo Zaafi Recipe
- Ayoyo leaves
- Salt peter (potassium nitrate
- Okro (powdered)
- Fish seasoning
- Tomato puree
- Fish (salmon, herrings)
- Cassava flour
- Corn flour
Steps to prepare ayoyo soup
- Chop the ayoyo leaves into smaller pieces.
- Chop onion into smaller sizes.
- Cut meat into preferable sizes, wash and put into a cooking pot
- Boil water under high heat
- Add chopped onion, powdered fish, powdered okro and dawadawa
- After 5 to 7 minutes, add ayoyo leaves and salt peter (kawu)
- Stir continuously until it ingredients becomes very soft. (do not cover)
- Blend onions, ginger, garlic and add to meat
- Simmer the chopped meat over medium heat
- Add salt and seasoning and cover. Steam for about 10 minutes
- Heat saucepan over medium heat until hot and add vegetable oil.
- Add the chicken if any
- Fry until all sides are equally brown
- Transfer it into a bowl and set aside
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the oil and stir until tender and starting to brown.
- Add grinded pepper, tomato puree and stir intermittently
- Wash salmon and herrings and add to the stew
- Add all spices after 10 minutes and allow to cook.
- Add salt to taste
- Add chopped onions
- Add fried meat (chicken) and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
Steps to prepare Tuo Zaafi
- Pour some corn flour into cooking pot and add water.
- Mix thoroughly to form a uniform solution.
- Boil enough water and add corn flour to cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Fetch some of the solution made earlier into a separate bown.
- Mix dry corn dough and cassava dough and add mixture to the boiling corn bit by bit.
- Stir continuously and thouroughly to avoid lumps.
- Add the corn dough solution you fetched (step 4) to the Tuo Zaafi to make it soft and stir.
- Turn off heat after 15 minutes of stiring.
- Serve Zaafi with stew and soup.