Groundnut soup is a popular soup in Ghana that is mostly served with rice ball (omotuo), banku, fufu and kokonte.
In this post, I am going to teach you:
- A simple groundnut soup recipe.
- ingredients to prepare peanut butter soup
You can decide to use any meat or fish. Be creative and enjoy that amazing taste.
Ingredients for preparing Groundnut Soup
- 1 cup Groundnut paste
- Chicken/Meat (You may choose what you prefer)
- Smoked/fried fish (Choose the quantity you prefer)
- goat meat (optional)
- 1 Tin tomato
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes(Optional)
- Ginger(quantity of choice)
- 2 Large onion
Groundnut Soup preparation steps.
- Wash meat or fish and put in a large saucepan
- Chop and blend onion with garlic and ginger with a small quantity of water
- Pour the blended mixture onto the meat and place it on fire
- Add season of choice and salt to taste and little water. Stir well
- Allow it to cook/ steam on the fire for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, pour out the peanut butter, add the tomato puree, add water and mix well while the meat is steaming.
- Cook the peanut mixture. Stir continuously till the oil resurfaces on top.
- Strain the cooked peanut mixture into the steam meat. Add more water and stir thoroughly
- Allow it to cook for about 10-15 minutes
- Add the smoked /fried fish some chunks of okro, garden eggs and some whole pepper if desired.
Ready to serve with fufu, rice balls, banku, kokonte, yams, gari etc.
Other recipes to try.
How to prepare palmnut soup