What do you like your groundnut soup to be served with?
Well, I love groundnut soup served with plain rice.
In this recipe post, we are going to give you a complete step by step guide on how to prepare groundnut soup, the Ghanaian way.
Now let’s have a look of the step by step guide on how to prepare groundnut soup.
Delicious Groundnut/Peanut Soup Recipe
- cup groundnut paste
- 4 pieces medium-sized tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pound meat (chicken, beef, fish)
- 2 litres water
- 3 tbsp salt
- 5 pieces red pepper
- Wash meat thoroughly, chop and place into a clean cooking pot
- Add seasonings and mixture with your hands thoroughly.
- Place over low heat and allow to steam for about 10 minutes
- Turn the steaming mixture from time to time.
- Pour the groundnut paste into a clean bowl and add little amount of water. Mix with your hands and ensure you obtain a uniform consistency. Add more paste of you want a thicker mixture.
- Add the groundnut paste mixture to the steaming pot and stir.
- Simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Wash onions and fresh tomatoes and add to the mixture
- Once the tomato and onions have boiled for a while, remove them and blend.
- Pour the blended content back into the stock.
- Stir thoroughly
- Allow to cook for 8 minutes
- Add salt to taste .
Things to noteGroundnut soup in Ghana can be done in several ways. Some cooks prefer to add kontomire to the mixture. Some prefer to use goat meat or even smoked fish. How you want your soup to be actually will determine your choice of ingredients.