I am sure you have not heard of Prekese drink before? If you have, do you know how to prepare it?
If your answer is no, then I am going to show you how to prepare prekese drink in Ghana.
I have had a lot of requests on how to prepare prekese juice using Prekese.
So, I have taken my time to put together this prekese juice recipe just for you.
In this post, I am going to give you:
- Step by step guide to make a juice/drink out of prekese
- Benefits of prekese drink
- And many more.
Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Before I take you through the steps to prepare this amazing drink, let us have a look at some of the health benefits of Prekese.
Is prekese healthy? Yes, it is very. See below some health benefits of Prekese.
- Good for weight loss
- Promotes healing of wounds
- Controlling diabetes
- Cooking pot
Ingredients for prekese drink
- 3 medium-sized Prekese
- Fresh ginger
- Lemon juice
Steps to make prekese tea.
Follow the instructions given below to make a healthy tea. Kindly leave all your questions in the comment box below. Thank you.
- Wash prekese thoroughly, bruise it and break it into small pieces
- Pour water in a cooking pot and boil it over high heat.
- Soak the pieces of Prekese in the warm water and cover with a lid. Let the Prekese soak for about 30 minutes to an hour.
NB: the longer it soaks, the more it releases all the juice and flavor from its pods.
- Squeeze juice out of the lemon, wash ginger and crush it.
- Add the lemon juice and crushed ginger to the soaked Prekese and mix well.
- Let it stand for about 30 minutes. This helps the ginger to infuse well in the juice.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve to remove the ginger stalk.
- Add honey to taste and stir well until it dissolves.
- Pour the juice into a bowl or bottle and preferably place in the fridge to chill.
- You can serve chilled on ice with slices of lemon and orange juice.
- You can also serve it whiles hot.
Experts suggest that you take the tea in moderation and its very good for your health.
Did you encounter any problem or difficulty preparing Prekese tea? Leave your questions in the comments section.
Take (drink) in moderation as nausea could occur.