We bring you a step by step guide on how to prepare fufu, the Ghanaian way.
Fufu is a thick paste obtained after pounding one or a combination of boiled yam, cassava, plantain and cocoyam in a mortar with a pestle and turning with the hand to obtain the desired texture.
Fufu Recipe. The Easiest way.
Neat fufu recipe is one of the easiest ways to prepare fufu. Fufu can be served with goat light soup, ebunuebunu (green leafy soup) and groundnut soup.
- Neat fufu powder powdered cassava
- cooked cassava
- cooked plantiain
- cooked cocoyam (optional)
Steps to prepare neat fufu
- pour a reasonable amount of neat fufu powder into a clean dry pot
- mix properly with water into until you obtain a thick paste
- stir mixture consistently and thoroughly ensuring no lumps are formed.
- Place mixture on medium heat and stir it
- As the paste gets thick, stir it and begin to knead it into a dough
- Sprinkle little water on top of it and cover it.
- Allow it to cook under low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure to stir after every 3 minutes to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Remove from source of heat.
- Form a circular ball from the dough and set aside
How to prepare Fufu using a blender
- Using blender. Blending raw cassava with plantain
- Cook mixture under low heat until thick
Preparing Fufu from Cooked cassava and plantain
- Pound cooked cassava, plantain and or yam together.
- Add little amounts of water whiles pounding until a thick consistent paste is achieved
Other recipes to tryLight Soup Recipe Hausa Koko Brukina Recipe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!