We bring you a step by step guide on how to prepare fufu, the Ghanaian way.
Fufu is a thick paste obtained after pounding one or a combination of boiled yam, cassava, plantain and cocoyam in a mortar with a pestle and turning with the hand to obtain the desired texture.
Fufu Recipe. The Easiest way.
- Neat fufu powder powdered cassava
- cooked cassava
- cooked plantiain
- cooked cocoyam (optional)
Steps to prepare neat fufu
- pour a reasonable amount of neat fufu powder into a clean dry pot
- mix properly with water into until you obtain a thick paste
- stir mixture consistently and thoroughly ensuring no lumps are formed.
- Place mixture on medium heat and stir it
- As the paste gets thick, stir it and begin to knead it into a dough
- Sprinkle little water on top of it and cover it.
- Allow it to cook under low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure to stir after every 3 minutes to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Remove from source of heat.
- Form a circular ball from the dough and set aside
How to prepare Fufu using a blender
- Using blender. Blending raw cassava with plantain
- Cook mixture under low heat until thick
Preparing Fufu from Cooked cassava and plantain
- Pound cooked cassava, plantain and or yam together.
- Add little amounts of water whiles pounding until a thick consistent paste is achieved