Homemade Peanut Butter(Groundnut Paste) Recipe
Are you a lover of peanut butter? Or you want a peanut butter for that dish without going out of your room then I want to inform you that you can make you own peanut butter at-home with no difficulties.
All you need is your peanuts and food processor or blender. This is the easiest and simple way with no preservatives added!!
- Cassava flakes(‘Gari’) is used to help the groundnut (peanuts) roast well to avoid burning them.
Ingredients for groundnut paste.
- 1 cup of uncooked Unsalted Peanuts(Groundnuts)
- Salt (if preferred)
- Cassava Flakes(if preferred)
- Cooking oil (if preferred)
Steps to make groundnut paste
- Pour uncooked peanuts(groundnut) into a saucepan. Add cassava flakes(‘Gari’)(if preferred) and under low heat gently roast and stir continuously for 10-15mins
- When peanuts shells start removing or the colour turns light brown this indicates peanuts are cooked.
- Set aside from fire and allow it to cool down for 10mins. Rub roasted peanuts together with hand to remove shells. Separate shells form nuts.
- Pour roasted peanuts into a food processor or blender with the metal blade attached.
- Turn processor or blender on high and blend peanuts until smooth. If there is any resistance while blending, scrape down the inside of the processor/blender or add 1 or 2 teaspoons of cooking oil to help with consistency
- Season with salt(if preferred) and pour it into an airtight container. Store in fridge or using it for any dish of choice.