Cabbage stew is a very popular Ghanaian dish. It is often served with plain rice and ampesi.
It is a type of vegetable stew with cabbage as the primary ingredient.
My Recipe joint brings you the complete cabbage stew recipe.
Health benefits of cabbage
- It is rich in fibre and helps prevents constipation
- It also helps in indigestion
Cabbage stew for vegetarians should not be prepared with fish, tuna or any other meat.
Ingredients for cabbage stew
Cabbage Stew Recipe. Delicous and tasty
- 2 pieces cabbage medium sized
- 200 mls vegetable or palm oil
- 2 pieces large onions
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 5 pieces chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp salt moderate amount
- Wash vegetables thoroughly and put in a clean bowl.
- Place cabbage on a clean chopping board and slice it into desirable pieces
- Put the sliced cabbage into a clean cooking or boiling pot, add some water and place over medium heat.
- Boil until tender.
- Remove from fire and drain off water
- Pour oil into cooking pan and add the sliced onions, garlic paste.
- Cook them until they turn golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes to mixture and stir well.
- Add the boiled cabbage to the pan and mix well
- Cover and let the stew simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Cabbage stew is ready to be served.
- Plain rice
- Boiled potato
- Boiled yam