Cabbage stew is a very popular Ghanaian dish. It is often served with plain rice and ampesi.
It is a type of vegetable stew with cabbage as the primary ingredient.
My Recipe joint brings you the complete cabbage stew recipe.
Health benefits of cabbage
- It is rich in fibre and helps prevents constipation
- It also helps in indigestion
Cabbage stew for vegetarians should not be prepared with fish, tuna or any other meat.
Ingredients for cabbage stew
Cabbage Stew Recipe. Delicous and tasty
In this recipe you are going to learn how to prepare cabbage stew with chicken, fish or tuna. Stay tuned.
- 2 pieces cabbage medium sized
- 200 mls vegetable or palm oil
- 2 pieces large onions
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 5 pieces chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp salt moderate amount
- Wash vegetables thoroughly and put in a clean bowl.
- Place cabbage on a clean chopping board and slice it into desirable pieces
- Put the sliced cabbage into a clean cooking or boiling pot, add some water and place over medium heat.
- Boil until tender.
- Remove from fire and drain off water
- Pour oil into cooking pan and add the sliced onions, garlic paste.
- Cook them until they turn golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes to mixture and stir well.
- Add the boiled cabbage to the pan and mix well
- Cover and let the stew simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Cabbage stew is ready to be served.
You can serve cabbage stew with
- Plain rice
- Boiled potato
- Boiled yam
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!