Carne Asada on Stove
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, lime juice, orange juice, soy sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and chopped cilantro to make the marinade.
- Place the flank steak in a zip-top bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and let any excess marinade drip off.
- Place the steak in the hot skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time to your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the carne asada against the grain and serve.
Learn how to make delicious Carne Asada on the stove with this easy recipe. Tender and flavorful flank steak is marinated in a tangy and savory blend of citrus juices, spices, and fresh cilantro, then cooked to perfection on the stove. It’s a versatile dish that can be served as a main course with rice, tortillas, or in tacos, burritos, or salads.
Carne Asada, flank steak, Mexican food, stove, citrus marinade, grilled meat, main course