Experience the rich and earthy flavors of beluga lentils with this hearty Beluga Lentil Stew recipe. Beluga lentils, named after their resemblance to caviar, are small and black with a delicate texture. In this stew, the lentils are simmered to perfection in a flavorful broth along with a medley of vegetables, herbs, and spices. The result is a comforting and nutritious stew that will warm your soul and satisfy your taste buds. Serve this Beluga Lentil Stew as a main course or a side dish for a wholesome and satisfying meal.
Hearty Beluga Lentil Stew Recipe
- large pot
- Wooden spoon
- Knife and cutting board
- beluga lentil
- olive oil
- celery stalks
- salt and pepper
- vegetable broth
- diced tomatoes
- bell pepper
- Rinse the beluga lentils under cold water and set them aside.Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent.Add the diced carrots, celery, and bell pepper to the pot. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, along with their juice, into the pot. Stir well to combine.Add the beluga lentils to the pot and mix them with the other ingredients.
- Pour in the vegetable broth or water and stir to incorporate all the ingredients.Add the ground cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to distribute the spices evenly.
- Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.Taste the stew and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.Ladle the Beluga Lentil Stew into bowls and garnish with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Serve the stew hot as a main course or a side dish. Enjoy it on its own or with crusty bread or rice.