Experience the comforting flavors of a classic tomato soup with this delicious Tomato Soup recipe. Made with ripe tomatoes, aromatic herbs, and a hint of cream, this soup is rich, velvety, and perfect for any occasion. Whether enjoyed as a light lunch, a starter, or paired with a grilled cheese sandwich, this homemade Tomato Soup will warm your soul and satisfy your taste buds.
Classic Tomato Soup Recipe
- large pot
- cutting board and knife
- Wooden spoon
- immersion blender
- heavy cream
- tomatoes ripe
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.Add the chopped tomatoes to the pot and cook for about 10 minutes, or until they start to soften and release their juices.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add the dried basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are fully cooked and tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly.Using an immersion blender or a countertop blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth and creamy. If using a countertop blender, blend in batches if necessary.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and place it back on the stove over low heat. Stir in the heavy cream and let the soup heat through for a few minutes.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.Ladle the Tomato Soup into bowls and garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves.
- Serve the soup hot as a comforting starter or a light meal. Pair it with a grilled cheese sandwich or crusty bread for a satisfying and delicious combination.