Cooking mince meat with tomato sauce is a delicious and versatile way to prepare a hearty and satisfying meal. Whether you’re making a classic Bolognese sauce, chili con carne, or a tasty meaty topping for pasta or rice, the combination of mince meat and tomatoes creates a rich and flavorful dish. In this guide, we’ll take you through the steps to cook mince meat with tomato, resulting in a versatile sauce that can be used in various recipes.
Flavorful Mince Meat with Tomato Sauce
- large skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Knife and cutting board
- minced meat
- celery stalk
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, diced carrot, and diced celery to the pan. Sauté the vegetables for 4-5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the minced meat to the other side. Break up the meat using a wooden spoon or spatula and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Once the meat is cooked, combine it with the sautéed vegetables in the pan.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the pan, stirring well to combine. The tomatoes will provide moisture and acidity to the sauce.
- Sprinkle in the dried oregano and dried basil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir everything together.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for at least 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. You can simmer it for longer if desired, as a longer cooking time will intensify the flavors.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings if needed.Use the mince meat with tomato sauce as a base for various dishes. Serve it over pasta, rice, or use it as a filling for tacos, burritos, or stuffed bell peppers.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil, if desired.