Chicken Adobo with Pineapple
- Chicken, cut into serving pieces
- Soy sauce
- Garlic, minced
- Onion, sliced
- Bay leaves
- Pineapple chunks, with juice
- Cooking oil
- In a pan, heat cooking oil and sauté garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces and brown them on all sides.
- Pour in soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple chunks with juice, and water.
- Add peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.