baked largemouth bass recipe
- baking dish
- mixing bowl
- aluminum foil
- Basting brush
- largemouth bass
- garlic and onion
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges
- fresh herbs
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish or line it with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- Rinse the largemouth bass fillets under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. If using a whole bass, make diagonal cuts on both sides of the fish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Place the bass fillets or the whole bass in the baking dish. Pour the marinade over the fish, ensuring it is evenly coated. If using a whole bass, make sure to coat the inside cavity as well. Allow the fish to marinate for 10-15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the bass is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets or the size of the whole bass.
- Once baked, remove the largemouth bass from the oven and garnish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill. Serve the bass immediately while still hot, accompanied by fresh lemon wedges for squeezing over the fish.
Indulge in the delightful flavors of baked largemouth bass with this easy-to-follow recipe. Largemouth bass is a prized freshwater fish known for its firm and mild-flavored flesh. Baking the bass allows it to retain its natural moisture and infuse it with delicious seasonings. Whether you’ve caught the bass yourself or purchased it fresh, this recipe will help you create a flavorful and nutritious meal that is sure to impress. Get ready to savor the taste of the lake with this delicious baked largemouth bass recipe.