Discover the delicious flavors of baked herring with this simple and flavorful recipe. Herring is a versatile fish with a rich and distinctive taste, and baking it enhances its natural flavors while keeping it moist and tender. This recipe showcases the beauty of herring by combining it with complementary ingredients that elevate its taste to new heights. Whether you’re a seafood lover or looking to try something new, baked herring is a delightful and nutritious option. Get ready to savor the flavors of the sea with this easy-to-follow recipe.
- baking dish
- aluminium foil
- mixing bowl
- Basting brush
- olive oil
- herring fillets
- salt and pepper
- fresh herbs
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a baking dish or line it with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- Rinse the herring fillets under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. Place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle the herring fillets with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and any desired spices or seasonings. Gently rub the seasonings onto the fish to ensure even coverage.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the herring is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets
- Once baked, remove the herring from the oven and garnish with fresh herbs, such as dill or parsley. Serve the baked herring immediately while still hot. Pair it with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or a fresh salad, for a complete and satisfying meal.