Ata Lilo (Starter Sauce)
- Red bell peppers
- Scotch bonnet peppers
- Vegetable oil
- Seasoning cubes
- Blend the red bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, and scotch bonnet peppers in a blender until smooth.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan and add the blended pepper mixture.
- Cook the pepper mixture on medium heat until the excess liquid evaporates and the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and seasoning cubes to taste. Stir well.
- Simmer the sauce for a few more minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool before transferring it to a jar or container.
- The Ata Lilo (Starter Sauce) is now ready to be used as a base for various Nigerian dishes.