We bring you the best mashed potato recipe here. Stay tuned. A lot of recipes can be developed from potatoes.
Tips to get a consistent mashed potato.
- Drain water from cooked potato very well after removing from fire.
- Use your hand or spatula to mash to potatoes. This is a recommended. Using hand mixer or food processor can break down the starches in the potatoes and cause very gluey texture.
- Add butter to get creamy buttery texture.
- Heat your cream or milk before adding it.
Delicious Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Potatoes can be fried, boiled, roasted and even baked. All these comes with different ingredients and flavours.We bring you a complete mashed potato recipe guide.
- Cream or milk
SOURCE: MY RECIPE JOINT
- Peel potatoes and cut into medium pieces.
- Place in cold salted water and place it on high heat to boil for 15 minutes. Leave it uncovered
- Remove from fire and drain well.
- Pour milk into a metallic utensil and heat it on the stove
- Add butter to the potatoes and begin mashing.
- Little at a time, pour milk into the mashed potatoes whiles mashing to attain a consistent mixture.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Serve whiles hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!