Prepare your homemade hot spicy sauce to add to your traditional kenkey for taste.
Hot sauce can be combined with other traditional meals in Ghana; our popular braised rice (angwa mo), banku with assorted fish, and gari with boiled fresh fish all make a perfect finish when there’s good hot sauce to add to the taste.
Kenkey Hot Sauce
- 1 Earthenware bowl and wooden masher to achieve the traditional taste and texture
- 1 knife
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tomatoes fully ripe
- 5 red pepper can be green
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 2 cloves of garlic optional
- Equipment and vegetables should be washed properly
- Wash the green or red peppers into the earthenware bowl, add 2 cloves of garlic and slice one already peeled onion into smaller size
- Add a pinch of salt to the vegetables
- When the mixture is almost smooth, carefully slice the washed tomatoes into the grinded mixture and grind to make smooth
- Taste the mixture and if the salt isn’t enough add enough to taste
- Slice the last onion into ring shapes and thin slices for garnish…