Spinach is a nutrient-packed leafy green vegetable that pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of onion. Whether you prefer it as a side dish or as a main ingredient in various recipes, this guide will show you how to cook spinach with onion to create a delicious and nutritious dish. With simple steps and a few basic ingredients, you’ll have a flavorful and satisfying spinach and onion combination on your plate.
Spinach with Onion Recipe
- large skillet
- Cutting board
- mixing spoon
- Serving dish
- fresh spinach
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- additional seasonings and herbs
- Start by washing the spinach leaves thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt or debris. Drain them well and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil or cooking oil.Add the thinly sliced onions to the pan and sauté them for 3-4 minutes until they become translucent and slightly caramelized
- If desired, add minced garlic to the pan and sauté for an additional 1 minute until fragrant.Add the fresh spinach leaves to the pan in batches, allowing them to wilt down before adding more. Stir the spinach and onions together to evenly distribute the heat and flavors.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the spinach cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until it has wilted and become tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the spinach is cooked to your desired consistency, remove the lid and season with salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings or herbs of your choice. Mix well to incorporate the flavors.
- Transfer the cooked spinach with onion to a serving dish and serve hot as a side dish or use it as an ingredient in various recipes.