Chicken liver is a versatile and nutritious ingredient that can be cooked in various ways. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through a simple yet flavorful method of cooking chicken liver with onions. The combination of tender chicken liver and caramelized onions creates a delicious and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or added to pasta, rice, or salads. Let’s dive into the steps and unlock the rich flavors of chicken liver with onion.
Savory Chicken Liver with Onion Recipe
- large skillet
- Cutting board
- mixing bowl
- chicken liver
- cooking oil
- garlic cloves
- ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.Add the thinly sliced onions to the pan and sauté until they become golden brown and caramelized. This usually takes about 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- While the onions are caramelizing, season the chicken livers with paprika, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss them gently in a mixing bowl to ensure even seasoning.
- Push the caramelized onions to one side of the pan and add the seasoned chicken livers to the other side. Make sure the livers are in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
- Cook the chicken livers for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are browned and cooked through. Use a spatula or tongs to flip them gently.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring to combine the flavors.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the cooked chicken livers and onions to a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, if desired.
- Serve the chicken livers with onion as a main course alongside steamed rice, mashed potatoes, or crusty bread. It can also be added to pasta or salads for a flavorful twist.