Indulge in the delicate and mild flavors of hake fish with this easy pan-fried hake fish recipe. Hake, a versatile white fish, cooks to perfection in a hot pan, resulting in a crispy exterior and tender, flaky flesh. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation, you can enjoy a delicious seafood dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a seafood lover or looking to incorporate more fish into your diet, pan-fried hake fish is a delightful and nutritious option. Get ready to savor the flavors of the sea with this simple and flavorful recipe.
Pan Fry Hake Fish
- Paper towels
- hake fish fillet
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- lemon wedges
- fresh herbs
- Start by patting dry the hake fish fillets with paper towels. This step helps to remove any excess moisture, ensuring a crispy exterior when cooked.
- Season both sides of the hake fillets with salt and black pepper according to your taste preference. Sprinkle any desired herbs or additional seasonings over the fish.
- Place a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough olive oil or vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, carefully place the seasoned hake fillets into the pan, skin side down if applicable. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until the fish turns golden brown and easily flakes with a fork.
- Using a spatula or fish turner, carefully transfer the pan-fried hake fish to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the pan-fried hake fish immediately while still hot. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and serve with lemon wedges for a burst of citrus flavor. Pair it with your favorite side dishes or enjoy it on its own as a delicious and nutritious main course.