Ofada Stew (Ayamase Stew)
- 500g assorted meat (offals, beef, or goat meat)
- 500g green bell peppers (tatashe), chopped
- 250g red bell peppers (rodo), chopped
- 150g scotch bonnet peppers (atarodo)
- 5 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 3 cooking spoons palm oil
- 2 tablespoons locust beans (iru)
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- 3 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Blend the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, scotch bonnet peppers, and half of the onions in a blender or food processor.
- Heat the palm oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the remaining chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the blended pepper mixture to the pot and fry for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the assorted meat, locust beans, ground crayfish, seasoning cubes, and salt. Stir well.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer on low heat for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with Ofada rice or any other choice of accompaniment.