Delight in the rich and comforting flavors of a Lenten Mushroom Cream Soup with this delightful recipe. Made with a variety of mushrooms, aromatic herbs, and a creamy base, this soup is a satisfying and delicious option for those observing a lenten or vegetarian diet. Whether enjoyed as a starter or a light meal, this Lenten Mushroom Cream Soup is sure to impress with its earthy taste and creamy texture.
Lenten Mushroom Cream Soup
- large pot
- cutting board and knife
- Wooden spoon
- vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- plant based milk
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the mushrooms release their moisture and start to brown.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add the dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried sage, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to develop.Remove the pot from the heat and let the soup cool slightly.
- Using an immersion blender or a countertop blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth and creamy. If using a countertop blender, blend in batches if necessary.Return the blended soup to the pot and place it back on the stove over low heat.
- Stir in the plant-based milk and let the soup heat through for a few minutes, ensuring it doesn't come to a boil.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.Ladle the Lenten Mushroom Cream Soup into bowls and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve the soup hot as a comforting and meatless meal. Pair it with a side of crusty bread or a fresh salad for a complete and satisfying dining experience.