A halogen oven is an appliance that has a lamp and an air fan which spreads heat uniformly through the cooking bowl to allow food in it to cook. Halogen ovens can be used to grill, bake, steam or roast food. One good thing about halogen ovens is that, they consume less electricity compared to the usual ovens we use, up to about 75% less.
Today we will learn how to cook potatoes in a halogen oven.
Salt (to taste)
Paprika (to taste)
What Potatoes Can Be Served With
Potatoes can be served with vegetables, chicken, fish or meat.
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into your desired sizes and put them in a bowl.
- Boil the potatoes in salt water for about 6 minutes and drain the water away.
- Put the potatoes on the rack of the halogen oven, brush some oil over them using the basting brush, and add salt and paprika.
- Put the rack with the potatoes into the oven and cook at 175 degree celcius for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until they turn golden brown.
- Use a tooth pick to pierce through the potatoes to see if they are well cooked.
- If they are well cooked, transfer them from the oven onto a plate and serve.