Flour chips, also known as chin chin is a simple but tasty snack made from flour, margarine/ butter and a couple of spices. This pastry can be eaten at any time of the day and can be served during special occasions as well. There are different ways of making flour chips. Today, we will show you a simple but tasty recipe you can try especially during the approaching festive season.
500 grams of flour
100 grams of margarine
2 cloves of garlic
1 small onion
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
1 cup of water
What Flour Chips Can Be Served With
Flour chips can be served with a soft drink, juice or roasted groundnuts.
- Rolling pin
- Slotted spoon
- Paper towel
- Combine flour, margarine, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Put the garlic and onions into a blender, add some water and blend.
- Gradually add the mixture to the flour till it forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into four and set aside covered for about 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough and flatten it using a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into strips and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the dough cut into strips.
- Let them fry until they turn golden brown. When it is ready, use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and transfer them onto a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Let it cool down and serve.