Spinach is a leafy green vegetable which contains vitamin K which helps in blood clotting. Spinach also contains beta carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein and chlorophyll which all enhance eyesight and improve the functioning of the immune system.
Potatoes are also a good source of vitamin C which helps in wound healing. This dish is a simple and healthy one that can be eaten at any time of the day.
This article features a simple and delightful potato and spinach recipe you won’t regret preparing, looking at all the loads of benefits. Enjoy!
2 potatoes (peeled and sliced)
3 cups of spinach (chopped)
½ onion (chopped)
1 small tomato (chopped)
1 garlic clove (ground)
1 dried chilli
Salt (to taste)
Paprika (to taste)
What Spinach and Potatoes Can Be Served With
Spinach and potatoes can be served with grilled chicken, fish or steak.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add the dried chilli.
- When you begin to smell the aroma, add the onion and pan fry for some time, then add the ground garlic and let it fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the chopped potatoes, stir and cover with the lid. Let it cook for about 8 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- You can use a toothpick to pierce through the potatoes to see if the stick passes through. If it does, it means it is well cooked.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, add the chopped spinach, tomato, salt and pepper and stir.
- Let it cook slowly for about 7 more minutes. When the time is up, remove the pan from the fire and serve.