Pan-Fried Carne Asada Recipe
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper to make the marinade.
- Place the skirt steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, turning the steak once or twice to coat it evenly.
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and shake off any excess. Place the steak in the hot skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time to your desired level of doneness.
- Transfer the cooked steak to a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes. Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.
- Serve the carne asada with warm tortillas, salsa, guacamole, and your favorite toppings.
Carne asada, skirt steak, Mexican, pan-fried, grilled, marinated, steak recipe