- Shaved ice
- Sweetened fruits (such as langka, kaong, nata de coco, etc.)
- Sweetened beans (such as red beans, chickpeas, etc.)
- Leche flan (caramel custard)
- Sweetened saba bananas
- Ube halaya (purple yam jam)
- Evaporated milk
- Crushed or powdered ice
- Gelatin cubes
- Pinipig (toasted rice flakes)
- In a tall glass or bowl, layer the shaved ice.
- Add the sweetened fruits and beans on top of the shaved ice.
- Place a slice of leche flan and sweetened saba bananas on top.
- Add a spoonful of ube halaya.
- Pour evaporated milk over the mixture.
- Sprinkle sugar on top, according to your desired sweetness.
- Add more crushed or powdered ice as needed.
- Decorate with gelatin cubes and pinipig.
- Stir and mix all the ingredients together.
- Halo-Halo is now ready to be enjoyed!