Get ready for a mouthwatering burger experience as we delve into the art of making smash burgers on the grill! With their crispy edges and juicy interiors, smash burgers have become a favorite among burger enthusiasts. And the best part? You can achieve this delectable delight right on your grill!
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to create perfectly smashed burgers using your grill. Whether you’re hosting a backyard cookout or craving a homemade burger, this technique will surely satisfy your taste buds.
So let’s fire up the grill, gather the ingredients, and embark on a journey to burger perfection!
Smash Grilled Burgers Recipe
- serving platter
- meat thermometer
- Cutting board
- ground beef
- salt and pepper
- hamburger buns
- cheese slice
- burger toppings
- Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat. This allows it to reach the ideal temperature for cooking the burgers
- Divide the ground beef into equal-sized portions (usually around 4-6 ounces each). Gently shape them into balls, avoiding excessive handling to keep the meat tender. Place the balls on a plate or tray and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned burger patties directly on the preheated grill grates. Allow them to cook for about 2-3 minutes to develop a nice sear on the first side.
- Using a spatula or burger flipper, firmly press down on each patty to flatten it. Apply even pressure to create a thin, smashed patty. This process helps to create those crispy edges and locks in the juices. Be careful not to press too hard, as you don't want to squeeze out all the moisture.
- After smashing the burgers, let them cook for another 2-3 minutes on the first side. Then, carefully flip each patty and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side. Adjust the cooking time based on your desired level of doneness. For medium burgers, aim for an internal temperature of around 160°F (71°C).
- If you'd like to have cheese on your burgers, place a cheese slice on each patty during the last minute of cooking. Close the grill lid to allow the cheese to melt.
- While the burgers are cooking, place the hamburger buns on the grill, cut side down, to lightly toast them. This adds a delightful crispness to the buns.
- Once the burgers are cooked to your desired level of doneness and the buns are toasted, remove them from the grill. Place the burgers on the bottom half of each bun, and top with your favorite burger toppings and condiments. Finish by covering with the top half of the bun.
- Serve these delectable smash burgers immediately and savor each bite of juicy goodness!