Eba and Vegetable Soup
- 2 cups spinach or ugu leaves, chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin leaves (ugu), chopped
- Assorted meat and fish
- Palm oil
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Water for cooking
- Garri (cassava flakes) or fufu (fermented cassava) for serving
- In a pot, boil the assorted meat and fish with seasoning cubes, chopped onion, and salt until tender.
- Add the chopped spinach and pumpkin leaves to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Heat palm oil in a separate pot.
- Add the ground crayfish and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked meat and vegetable mixture to the pot with the palm oil and stir well.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and additional seasoning cubes, if desired.
- Remove from heat and serve the vegetable soup with eba (garri) or fufu.