Brussels sprouts are a nutritious and versatile vegetable that can be prepared in many ways. This stovetop recipe offers a quick and easy way to cook Brussels sprouts with garlic and olive oil for a delicious and healthy side dish. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, this recipe is perfect for beginner cooks or anyone looking for a tasty way to enjoy Brussels sprouts. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this simple and flavorful dish.
Brussel Sprouts On A Stove Recipe
This stovetop Brussels sprouts recipe with garlic and olive oil is a quick and easy way to prepare a delicious and nutritious side dish. Simply cut the Brussels sprouts in half, cook them in a large skillet or frying pan with garlic and olive oil until they are tender and lightly browned, and season with salt and pepper to taste. This dish is versatile and can be paired with a variety of main courses.
- Cutting board
- measuring spoon
- frying pan
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts and remove any damaged leaves. Cut off the stem end and slice them in half.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the minced garlic. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
Use fresh Brussels sprouts for the best flavor and texture. Don't overcrowd the skillet when cooking the Brussels sprouts. Cook them in batches if necessary to ensure they brown evenly. You can adjust the amount of garlic and olive oil according to your taste preferences. Season the Brussels sprouts with salt and pepper at the end of cooking to prevent them from becoming too salty or over-seasoned. Serve the Brussels sprouts hot and garnish with lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, or chopped herbs for extra flavor.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!