This tin fish with rice recipe is a quick and satisfying meal that combines the flavors of tender tin fish with fluffy rice. It’s an easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. The tin fish adds a savory and rich taste to the rice, making it a delicious and budget-friendly option. Let’s dive into the recipe and enjoy this flavorful combination of tin fish and rice!
Tin Fish with Rice Recipe
- medium sized pot
- Knife and cutting board
- serving plate
- pan for sautéing
- tin fish
- salt and pepper
- herbs and spices
- Rinse the rice in cold water to remove excess starch.In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.Add the rice and a pinch of salt.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and tender.Remove from heat and let it sit, covered, for a few minutes.
- Open the can of tin fish and drain any excess oil or liquid.Using a fork, gently flake the fish, removing any bones or skin if desired
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium heat.Add the chopped onions and minced garlic.Sauté until the onions become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the flaked tin fish to the pan with the onions and garlic. Stir gently to combine and cook for a few minutes to heat the fish through.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and any additional spices or herbs you prefer. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan with the tin fish mixture. Gently stir and toss the ingredients together until well combined. Continue to cook for a few more minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Once the rice and tin fish are fully combined and heated, remove from heat. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish or individual plates. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!