- Beef tripe
- Peanut butter
- Annatto powder
- String beans
- Bok choy
- Fish sauce
- Cooking oil
- In a pot, boil beef tripe and oxtail until tender. Remove and set aside.
- In a separate pan, sauté garlic and onion. Add the boiled meat and cook for a few minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the meat is fully cooked.
- Remove the meat from the pot and drain excess liquid.
- In a separate pan, heat cooking oil and fry the meat until crispy. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion. Add the peanut butter and annatto powder.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried meat, eggplants, string beans, and bok choy to the sauce. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with fish sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Crispy Kare-Kare is now ready to be served.