If you’re looking to enjoy deliciously grilled chicken without firing up the grill, the air fryer can be your new best friend. Air frying provides a convenient and healthier alternative to traditional grilling methods, allowing you to achieve crispy and juicy chicken with minimal effort. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of grilling chicken in an air fryer, unlocking a world of flavor and tenderness. Get ready to savor mouthwatering grilled chicken from the comfort of your kitchen!
Cook Chicken In Air Fryer
Grilling chicken in an air fryer is a convenient and healthy way to achieve crispy and juicy results. By preheating the air fryer, seasoning the chicken, and cooking it at the appropriate temperature and time, you can enjoy delicious grilled chicken without the need for an outdoor grill. Remember to use an instant-read meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked. With these steps, you can elevate your chicken grilling game and satisfy your cravings for perfectly cooked, air-fried chicken.
- meat thermometer
- chicken pieces
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- herbs /spices marinade of your choice
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes, following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels. If desired, marinate the chicken in your preferred marinade for extra flavor. Otherwise, brush the chicken with olive oil or use cooking spray to lightly coat it. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper (and any additional herbs or spices) on both sides.
- Place the seasoned chicken pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Leave some space between the pieces for proper air circulation and even cooking.
- Insert the basket into the air fryer and cook the chicken at 400°F (200°C) for 18-25 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces. Flip the chicken halfway through the cooking time using tongs to ensure even browning. For bone-in chicken, use an instant-read meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and reaches the desired internal temperature, carefully remove it from the air fryer. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute. This step helps ensure maximum juiciness and tenderness.
- Serve the grilled chicken hot and enjoy it as it is, or pair it with your favorite dipping sauces, side dishes, or salads. Feel free to customize the flavor by adding additional herbs, spices, or a squeeze of lemon juice before serving.
Choose chicken pieces of uniform size for even cooking. Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness and type of chicken you're using. Marinating the chicken prior to air frying can enhance its flavor and tenderness. For bone-in chicken, ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption. Experiment with different herbs, spices, and marinades to add to your taste
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!