Boli and Groundnut
- Ripe plantains
- Peanuts (groundnuts)
- Preheat your grill or oven to medium-high heat.
- Make a shallow slit along the length of each plantain, being careful not to cut too deep.
- Place the plantains on the grill or in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the skin is blackened and the plantains are soft.
- While the plantains are cooking, roast the peanuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until they are lightly browned and fragrant.
- Remove the plantains from the heat and let them cool slightly. Peel off the skin and slice the plantains into rounds.
- Crush the roasted peanuts in a mortar and pestle or grind them in a food processor until you have a coarse texture.
- Serve the sliced plantains with the crushed peanuts and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Enjoy your delicious Boli and Groundnut!