Zucchini potato soup is a hearty and flavorful dish that combines the natural goodness of zucchini and potatoes. This creamy and comforting soup is perfect for cooler days when you crave a nourishing meal. With a delicate balance of flavors and a smooth texture, it’s a versatile recipe that can be enjoyed as a starter or a light main course. Let’s explore how to make this delicious zucchini potato soup.
Zucchini Potato Soup
- large pot
- cutting board and knife
- measuring cup
- serving bowl
- Wooden spoon
- olive oil
- coconut cream
- salt and pepper
- chicken broth
- dried thyme
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the diced zucchini and potatoes to the pot, and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth, and add the dried thyme and dried oregano. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the soup cool slightly.Using a blender or an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot and place it back on the stove over low heat.Stir in the heavy cream or coconut cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the soup gently, but do not let it boil.
- Once heated through, remove the pot from the heat.Ladle the zucchini potato soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley or chives.
- Serve the soup hot and savor its creamy and comforting flavors.