Ube Cheese Buchi
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup mashed ube (purple yam)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Water (for sealing)
- Cooking oil (for frying)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour and mashed ube. Mix until well combined.
- Add sugar to the mixture and continue mixing until the dough forms. You can adjust the sugar according to your preference.
- Take a portion of the ube dough and flatten it in your hand. Place a small piece of grated cheese in the center.
- Mold the dough around the cheese, forming a ball. Ensure that the cheese is completely enclosed within the dough.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough and cheese to make more buchi balls.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pan or pot over medium heat.
- Carefully drop the buchi balls into the hot oil and fry until they turn golden brown and crispy. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Remove the fried buchi from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Ube Cheese Buchi is ready to be served. Enjoy the crispy, purple yam balls with a cheesy surprise inside!