Transport your taste buds to Togo with this tantalizing recipe for Togolese-style grilled chicken. Bursting with flavors from West Africa, this dish features marinated chicken grilled to perfection, resulting in tender and juicy meat with a delightful smoky char. The marinade is a harmonious blend of aromatic spices, tangy citrus, and fiery chili, creating a well-balanced and vibrant taste. Get ready to savor the authentic flavors of Togo with this Togolese-style grilled chicken recipe.
Togolese-Style Grilled Chicken
- Cutting board
- mixing bowl
- Basting brush
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vegetable oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, paprika, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken drumsticks and thighs in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure it coats each piece evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Grill the chicken on the preheated grill for about 10-12 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the chicken is cooked through with a charred and slightly crispy exterior.
- For added presentation and ease of handling, thread the chicken drumsticks and thighs onto skewers before grilling.Baste the chicken with any remaining marinade during the grilling process for extra flavor
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro or parsley before serving.