Salmon is a healthy alternative to high-fat meats. One hundred grams of salmon, which is enough for one patty, has 200 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin B-12. Like many vitamins, B-12 enables enzymes to do their jobs.
Salmon Patties Recipe
Cornmeal adds texture to the patties and gives a slightly gritty mouth feel to every bite. The amount of cornmeal is totally adjustable according to your taste — simply add more to stiffen the patties if desired. If you're using fresh salmon, bone removal is a must — this is so they don’t get lodged in your throat when swallowing.
- salmon cornmeal
- cornmeal scallions
- Cajun seasoning
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Heinz ketchup
- Combine salmon and cornmeal together in a food processor until they turn to a paste.
- Grind until they turn to a paste.
- Combine the salmon-cornmeal mixture with some cayenne pepper, salt, egg, cajun seasoning or any seasoning of your choice, ground black pepper, garlic powder, chopped scallions and corn-starch in a sizeable bowl.
- Stir everything together until all the ingredients are well combined. Ensure that everything sticks together quite well.
- Shape the mixture into small patties as the size you want.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When heated, add the patties to fry. Cook for a minute on the first side and flip to the other side until golden brown.
- Transfer the patties to a paper towel-lined bowl to drain excess oil.
- Add and stir in some mayonnaise into your ketchup.
- You can enjoy your well fried patties plain or with your made ketchup.
In this salmon patties with cornmeal recipe, we chose fresh salmon and used a food processor to grind it up with the cornmeal. By using fresh salmon, we were able to calculate the nutrition more accurately and avoid the absorption of unnecessary oil. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean canned salmon is any less appropriate for this dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
patties are easy-going and super versatile. There is always room for you to add your favorite ingredients to them.