Snert soup or spit pea soup
We are going to be making some ancient Greece meal today and I believe you are going to love it. Pea soup or split pea soup is soup made typically from dried peas, such as the split pea. It is, with variations, a part of the cuisine of many cultures. It is most often greyish-green or yellow in color depending on the regional variety of peas used; all are cultivars of Pisum sativum.
Snert Soup Or Spit Pea Soup Recipe
Pea soup or split pea soup is soup made typically from dried peas, such as the split pea
- Slow cooker
- dried split pea
- ham hock
- chicken broth
- bacon, chopped
- potatoes, peeled and diced
- carrots, peeled and diced
- onion, diced
- onion, diced
- clove garlic, diced
- ground black pepper
- dried thyme
- 4 frankfurters (or 1 Dutch sausage) or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1.Add dried split peas, ham hock, and bacon into the slow cooker; pour in chicken broth and some water and cook for sometime (about 3 hours).
- Add more water as and when it's needed to prevent the soup from burning.
- Be sure to peel if necessary and dice all your vegetables and potatoes.
- Add in your potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, and garlic into soup mix in more water, if needed. Cover and cook soup on high for an hour or more.
- Season with salt, black pepper, thyme, nutmeg, and cloves;
- Add the Frankfurters or Dutch sausage during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- And your soup is ready to be served.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!